[100-newcomers] Speed Mentoring at IETF 100

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Thu, 02 November 2017 14:46 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: 100-newcomers@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 07:46:43 -0700
Subject: [100-newcomers] Speed Mentoring at IETF 100

IETF 100 is almost here and we are looking forward to seeing you soon in Singapore. As an IETF newcomer, you are invited to participate in a special one-hour Speed Mentoring session on Sunday, November 12.  Pre-registration is required and participation is strictly limited to the first 20 people who sign up.

Speed Mentoring is an effective way for you to meet a number of experienced IETF attendees in a short period of time. You will spend five-to-ten minutes with each match before moving on to another person. While this is not a lot of time, it is enough to cover the basics (e.g. areas of interest, essential questions) and then of course you are encouraged to continue the conversation throughout the meeting week. We anticipate that you will speak with approximately fifteen different people in this one-hour session.

At IETF 100 this session will take place from 15:00-16:00 in the  Stamford Foyer of the Raffles City Convention Center. Beverages and snacks will be provided to  all participants. After the Speed Mentoring session concludes, we encourage you to remain in the Stamford Foyer to participate in the Newcomers Meet-and-Greet, where you can mingle with working group chairs and other members of the IETF leadership.

Register for Speed Mentoring here: https://goo.gl/forms/xMA4yLDmlyr6suF43.

Regards,
Alexa