[108all] Welcome to IETF 108

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Mon, 27 July 2020 01:10 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 13:10:10 +1200
To: 108all@ietf.org
Subject: [108all] Welcome to IETF 108

Welcome to IETF 108, hosted by Ericsson.  We have over 1,000 registered participants for this online IETF meeting !

In addition to Ericsson, there are quite a few sponsors who have stepped up to make IETF 108 a reality.  Thank you to our Silver Sponsor, Akamai, and to ICANN for sponsoring the first IETF Online Hackathon.  Thanks to Google, Fastly and Futurewei who have supported our fee waiver program, making it possible for anyone to participate in IETF 108.  Thanks also to Google Cloud Developer Relations for sponsoring our cloud services, and our equipment sponsors Cisco and Juniper.

To help you get the most from this meeting, you will find below a table of useful reference information.

This 108all list is used for administrative announcements by the IETF Chair, the Secretariat, the NOC, and myself, the IETF Executive Director.  It will be used sparingly.

Again, welcome and have a productive meeting.

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director

GENERAL MEETING  INFORMATION

Reporting Issues

Technical Issues

tickets@meeting.ietf.org <mailto:tickets@meeting.ietf.org>
View of active tickets

https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/report/1 <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/report/1>
General Issues

mtd@ietf.org <mailto:mtd@ietf.org>
View of active tickets

https://www.ietf.org/ticketviewer/ <https://www.ietf.org/ticketviewer/>
Meeting Communication

Discussion among attendees:

Subscribe/Unsubscribe

108attendees@ietf.org <mailto:108attendees@ietf.org>
Using Meetecho

Meetecho is the platform for all IETF 108 sessions, including the Plenary. In order to join a session via Meetecho, you need to be registered for the meeting [1] and you must have a datatracker account.

Meetecho Guidelines

Working Group Chair: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/session-chair-guide/ <https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/session-chair-guide/>
Participant: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/session-participant-guide/ <https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/session-participant-guide/>
Meetecho Video Tutorial

https://youtu.be/cniAxuMczEk <https://youtu.be/cniAxuMczEk>
Meeting Agenda

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/agenda/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/agenda/>
Meeting Materials

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/materials/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/materials/>
IETF “Hallway” in Gather.town

The IETF 108 Online Gather space is intended to provide an online simulation of the IETF meeting hallway experience, i.e. it is a space for IETF participants to socialize or collaborate in small groups. Gather is a WebRTC platform that uses peer-to-peer connection. Participation in Gather is voluntary and absolutely not required in order to successfully participate in the IETF 108 Online meeting. This is a new tool, still under development, and its use is experimental.

Please note that the global chat will be archived and published in the same way the hallway jabber logs have been published, while group chat will remain private and the logs will be deleted after the event.

IETF 108 Gather.town

https://ietf.gather.town/z6N2SDxHebMdDAfo/IETF-108 <https://ietf.gather.town/z6N2SDxHebMdDAfo/IETF-108>
Guidelines for using Gather (PDF)

https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/108-gather-participant-guidelines.pdf <https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/108-gather-participant-guidelines.pdf>
“Office Hours”

The NOC, Secretariat, RFC Production Center, and IANA teams will all be holding office hours in the IETF 108 Gather space. Please see the meeting agenda for times, and a link to join.

[1] https://registration.ietf.org/108/ <https://registration.ietf.org/108/>

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director