[114all] REMINDER: IETF 114 Early Bird Deadline is Monday, June 6, 2022

IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org> Fri, 03 June 2022 23:11 UTC

From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, 114all@ietf.org, recentattendees@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 16:11:12 -0700
Subject: [114all] REMINDER: IETF 114 Early Bird Deadline is Monday, June 6, 2022

IETF 114
Philadelphia and online
July 23-29, 2022
Hosted by Comcast and NBCUniversal

1. Registration
2. Social Event
3. Reservations
4. Fee Waivers
5. Childcare
6. Hackathon
7. COVID Management

1. Registration Early Bird Deadline
The early bird deadline for registration is Monday, June 6th. Be sure to register before the deadline passes!

Register online at: https://registration.ietf.org

Early Bird Full Week Rates:
Onsite Early-Bird Registration: USD 700, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2022-06-06
Remote Early-Bird Registration: USD 230, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2022-06-06

NOTE: Payment is required at the time of registration. The Early Bird registration fee is until this Monday, June 6th at UTC 23:59. After June 6th at UTC 23:59 the registration fees will increase. Registration types, and fee tiers, are available at https://registration.ietf.org

If you require any further information or assistance with registration then please feel free to contact us at support@ietf.org.

2. Social Event
Thanks to our hosts Comcast and NBCUniversal, we will have an excellent social event on the evening of 26 July.

The social event will be held at the Barnes Foundation, with access to one of the finest Impressionist and post-Impressionist collections. A wonderful array of food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be served. Local rules and regulations for COVID management will be followed at the IETF 114 Social Event, including mask policies for attendees and Barnes Foundation staff.

Cost: $25 per ticket
Limit: Two per attendee
Social Event information: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/114/social/
Social tickets will be available during registration on your attendee dashboard. You must first register for IETF 114 to purchase a social ticket.

3. Reservations
The IETF 114 meeting venue is the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown. As explained in the FAQ, you will need to register before you can reserve a guest room at the venue. A link to reserve a guest room will be sent to you after you register.

https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/114/faq/

4. Fee Waivers
We understand that not everyone can afford the IETF 114 registration fee for a variety of reasons, including issues with income, employment status and employer support, and we do not want any of these to be a barrier to participation. If you cannot afford the registration fee then please see: https://www.ietf.org/forms/114-registration-fee-waiver/

5. Childcare
Thanks to the generosity of our Diversity & Inclusion sponsors, Akamai, Cisco, Comcast, Huawei and Verisign, the IETF is offering limited onsite childcare, free to participants. Childcare services will be provided by Corporate Kids Events [1], a professional event childcare company. Participants with children ages 0-12 are invited to take advantage of this opportunity, with childcare available Saturday, 23 July through Friday, 29 July during the meeting day. More information available here: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/114/childcare/

6. Hackathon
The IETF is holding a Hackathon to encourage developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas, sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of IETF standards.

When: Saturday, July 23, 2022 through Sunday, July 24, 2022
Signup for the Hackathon Onsite: https://registration.ietf.org/114/new/hackathon_onsite/
Signup for the Hackathon Remote: https://registration.ietf.org/114/new/hackathon_remote/

More information can be found here: https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/114-hackathon/

The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend the invitation to colleagues outside the IETF! Descriptions and information regarding the technologies for the hackathon are located on the IETF 114 Meeting Wiki: https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/114hackathon

7. COVID Management
Detailed below is our recently announced COVID Management plan for IETF 114.

ā€‹ā€‹1.  We will accept FFP2/N95 masks as proposed and will also accept KN95/KF94/FFP3 masks and locally certified equivalents.

2.  We will use Meetecho for queue management as we did for IETF 113 and an improved mobile Meetecho client will be ready for IETF 114.

3.  Masks must be worn without exception in the specified areas and anyone who is unable to wear one for whatever reason cannot participate onsite.  We consider that our provision of remote participation reasonably allows us to implement such a restriction.

4.  There will be no change to our definition of 'fully vaccinated'.

5.  We will not make any changes to this plan unless required to by local regulation or if the local situation changes dramatically close to the meeting.

Full details about the IETF 114 meeting are available at: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/114/

If you require any further information or assistance with registration then please feel free to contact us at support@ietf.org.

ā€”-
IETF Secretariat