RE: [16NG] ipv6 over ipv6cs document approval

"John.zhao" <john.zhao@huawei.com> Tue, 27 November 2007 03:03 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:03:01 +0800
From: "John.zhao" <john.zhao@huawei.com>
Subject: RE: [16NG] ipv6 over ipv6cs document approval
To: 'Alexandru Petrescu' <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
Cc: 16ng@ietf.org

Hi,Alex
	Thanks for comments.See my reply inline.
	Best Rgds,
Thanks,
John.zhao

[John.zhao] I understand. Just as you have said that to a MN, there are
difference action or status around sleep/idle what we have said. But I think
what we has discussed is mainly about the definition in IEEE802.16 about
sleep/idle state and mode.
	Just for reference.
	As to the detail state of MN behavior. That will be decided by
vendor it self I think.
	Best Rgds,
Thank,

John.zhao

> > So to those cases, we didn’t need the unsolicited
> > NAs come from ARs. But I think only in this case.
> >
> >          Back to this draft, I suggest we have three choice:
> >
> > 1)       Didn’t take care of this, and exclude it out side of this
draft.

> > 2)       Specify this requirement , for example:
> >
> > a)         Those SS/MS in sleep/idle state shouldn’t  receive those
> > periodic RA aimed to them.
> >
> > And leave the details to others , such as wimax nwg , to handle it.
> >
> > 3)       Specify a detail implementation in this detail. Maybe … wait
> > for the input from this wg.
> >

> > My two cents.
> >
> > Best Rgds,
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John.zhao
> >
> > 2007-11-24

MS
> [...]
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Hi Jari,
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > I agree to apply the suggested changes.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Let me share my unsolved question regarding how to deal
with
> >     neighbor
> >     >  > > discovery packets for IPv6CS case.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Do we have to block neighbor discovery packets not to wake
up
> >     >  idle/sleep
> >     >  > > SSs ? Or,
> >     >  > > > Do we have to let them delivered in that p2p link not to
> >     break the NUD
> >     >  > > model?
> >     >  > > > Is there no need to specify about that in this document?
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > BR,
> >     >  > > > Junghoon
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > 2007/11/22, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net
> >     <mailto:jari.arkko@piuha.net>>:
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > We're trying to close the remaining issues and approve
> >     >  > > > the current document.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > The current proposal is what we have in the draft, with
> >     >  > > > the following changes. If there is any concern with
> >     >  > > > these changes, let me know as soon as possible.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > There are a few editorial changes. The substantive
> >     >  > > > changes are clarifying MTU rules in the presence
> >     >  > > > of tunneling on the BS side, and strengthening
> >     >  > > > the requirements related to interoperability.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > ----
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Please change in Section 8.1:
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > OLD:
> >     >  > > >    The use of router advertisements as a means for movement
> >     detection
> >     >  is
> >     >  > > >    not recommended for MNs connected via 802.16 links as
the
> >     frequency
> >     >  > > >    of periodic router advertisements can be high.
> >     >  > > > NEW:
> >     >  > > >    The use of router advertisements as a means for movement
> >     detection
> >     >  is
> >     >  > > >    not recommended for MNs connected via 802.16 links as
the
> >     frequency
> >     >  > > >    of periodic router advertisements would have to be high.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Please add new text at the end of Section 4 (just before 4.
1),
> >     >  > > > these are the new paragraphs:
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >    In any case, the MS and BS MUST negotiate at most one
> >     >  > > >    convergence sublayer for IPv6 transport on a given link.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >    In addition, to ensure interoperability between devices
that
> >     >  > > >    support different encapsulations, it is REQUIRED that BS
> >     >  > > >    implementations support all standards track
encapsulations
> >     >  > > >    defined for 802.16 by the IETF. At the time of writing
this
> >     >  > > >    specification, this is the only encapsulation, but
> additional
> >     >  > > >    specifications are being worked on. It is, however, not
> >     >  > > >    required that the BS implementations use all the
> >     encapsulations
> >     >  > > >    they support; some modes of operation may be off by
> >     >  > > >    configuration.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Change in Appendix D:
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > OLD:
> >     >  > > >    It is
> >     >  > > >    recommended that the default MTU for IPv6 be set to 1400
> >     octets for
> >     >  > > >    the MS in WiMAX networks.
> >     >  > > > NEW:
> >     >  > > >    It is recommended that the MTU for IPv6 be set to 1400
> >     octets in
> >     >  > > >    WiMAX networks, and this value (different from the
default)
> >     >  > > >    be communicated to the MS.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > > Change Section 6.3 to:
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >   The MTU value for IPv6 packets on an 802.16 link is
> >     configurable.
> >     >  > > >   The default MTU for IPv6 packets over an 802.16 link
> >     SHOULD be 1500
> >     >  > > >   octets.
> >     >  > > >
> >     >  > > >   The 802.16 MAC PDU (Protocol Data Unit) is composed of a
6
> >     byte
> >     >  > > >   header followed by an optional payload and an optional
CRC
> >     covering
> >     >  > > >   the header and the payload.  The length of the PDU is
> >     indicated by
> >     >  > > >   the Len parameter in the Generic MAC Header.  The Len
> >     parameter has
> >     >  a
> >     >  > > >   size of 11 bits.  Hence the total MAC PDU size is 2048
> >     bytes.  The
> >     >  > > >   IPv6 payload size can vary.  In certain deployment
> >     scenarios the MTU
> >     >  > > >   value can be greater than the default.  Neighbor
Discovery