RE: [16NG] RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals (IP over 802.16Problem Statement and Goals) to Informational RFC

<rana.sircar@wipro.com> Fri, 14 December 2007 05:44 UTC

Subject: RE: [16NG] RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals (IP over 802.16Problem Statement and Goals) to Informational RFC
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:14:22 +0530
From: rana.sircar@wipro.com
To: soohongp@gmail.com, dromasca@avaya.com
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, 16ng@ietf.org

Dear Daniel,

I have a few qyeries -

1. It is mentioned in the introduction that Broadband Wireless Access
networks addresses the inadequacies of low Bandwidth wireless
communication. It mentions "Wide coverage" as a requirement (which is
true).However, Wide coverage is not due to broadband wireless
properties.

2. I do agree that Network Management and Policy Management (and
possibly Device Management) should be handled separately. Network
management does not only talk of MIBs, but a larger architecture and
requirements. This apart, there are important policy and device
management requirements that need to be covered. Thus, a separate draft
is useful. However, as you have mentioned, a single line in the current
draft would be helpful

3. In introduction and later, it talks of point-to-point links (802.16d)
only. Are we not considering 802.16e (and later standards)?

Best Regards,
Rana