Re: ISOC/IETF *ARE* International Bodies[was: PAB nIANA facts]

noc@NSO.ORG (Network Operations Center) Fri, 12 June 1998 23:10 UTC

Delivery-Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:21:22 -0400
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:03:12 -0400
To: pab@gtld-mou.org, gtld-discuss@gtld-mou.org, ietf@ietf.org
From: noc@NSO.ORG
Subject: Re: ISOC/IETF *ARE* International Bodies[was: PAB nIANA facts]
Cc: Camillo Pasquariello <Camillo.Pasquariello@mci2000.com>, Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>

maybe this helps to settle much:

 1: "anything that is incorporated and/or has its main governing seat
in the US is not considered to be an impartial and international body"

 2: "as long as we all understand and appreciate the consequences of the
US (enforced) protective umbrella, nod the way the US administration
wants us to nod, and of course bend over backwards to the dominating US
industry (that like to use foreign (non-US) talent to design and complete its
products (as these guys are just cheaper), we're doing not too bad"

 3: "the international network community should take serious initiatives
to ensure that the US is only ONE vote amongst some 100 peers"

 4: "hence a 'Swiss solution' headed by a Swede, and a non-compromised
staff would be ideal"

--Bert