Re: [68ATTENDEES] standards track wireless network

Jim Martin <jim@daedelus.com> Tue, 27 March 2007 11:36 UTC

From: Jim Martin <jim@daedelus.com>
Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] standards track wireless network
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:36:29 +0200
To: Soininen Jonne <Jonne.Soininen@nokia.com>
Cc: ext Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, 68attendees@ietf.org

	Actually, this is just /mostly/ right :-)

	There is in fact a document regarding the modern network, but rather
than in ID format, it's a set of requirements. We (the volunteer
crew) developed this to aid in the process of generating an RFP for
the network contractor, and then later as a mechanism to help
generate quantifiable "scoring" during the evaluation of the
resultant proposals.

	What we don't have is a document which takes those requirements and
adds in the hard-won best current practices. We've spoken of
generating this document many many times, but due to the
considerations you've mentioned, we've just never gotten to the
actual /writing/ part.

	- Jim