Re: Water features Re: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (was: Re: Hilton Prague)

"Keith Kyzivat" <kkyzivat@sipez.com> Thu, 29 March 2007 22:41 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:41:10 -0400
From: "Keith Kyzivat" <kkyzivat@sipez.com>
Subject: Re: Water features Re: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (was: Re: Hilton Prague)

In my spare time I'm the vice chairman of Anime Boston - an Anime convention
that happens every year in Boston (in fact, it's coming up soon now)...
What we do for water is in the hotel, ensure that there's a large watering
station, with icewater and cups within very short walk of each room in the
hotel, and in the convention center (Hynes), there are water coolers in each
and every meeting room.

Both solutions work very well to keep attendees and staff alike hydrated.  I
think a similar approach would work well for IETF -- that way, one can grab
a cup of water on their way into the meeting, refill if necessary whilst in
the meeting, and if they want more water, but don't wish to get up to get it
during the meeting, can bring their own bottle that they can fill at the
beginning of each meeting.

On 3/27/07, Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@sun.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 04:40:20PM +0000, Dave Cridland wrote:
> >                                    ..., and no, I don't really care
> > about Cookies or Glass Bottles.]
>
> Potable ice water availability at all times is a very nice feature of
> all/most IETFs held in U.S. hotels that I recall.
>
> I really don't care for bottled water -- I care for having access to
> water any time I am thirsty without having to pay European bottled water
> rates when I am thirsty at inconvenient times.
>
> Also, water at the chairs' tables for the chairs and rpesenters would be
> nice.  It's hard to speak when parched.
>
> Nico
> --

Keith Kyzivat