Re: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (was: Re: Hilton Prague)

"Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Espoo)" <Jonne.Soininen@nokia.com> Sat, 24 March 2007 17:50 UTC

Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:50:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (was: Re: Hilton Prague)
From: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Espoo)" <Jonne.Soininen@nokia.com>
To: ext John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, 68attendees@ietf.org

John,

Though as an allergic person I'm very sympathetic to the requirements you
listed, I would like to give you a bit food for though: What is the standard
of air quality / health risk we should compare to? For instance, Europe has
banned gene manipulated food, and the use of growth hormones for domestic
animals because of health risks. Should we then avoid countries whose
standards are lesser because of health risks? What about outside air quality
and smog? And mercury levels in the locally available fish?

There are many risks to travelling in general. In addition, you are exposed
to different health risks in foreign countries than at home, or different
levels of the same risks.

If the IETF should take these risks into account we should consider what is
the standard to compare against. I'm not sure who could make that assessment
and which criteria should be used.

Cheers,

Jonne.

Jonne Soininen