[68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (Prague Marriott perspective)

"Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org> Sun, 25 March 2007 19:00 UTC

Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:00:45 -0400
From: "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org>
To: 68attendees@ietf.org
Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (Prague Marriott perspective)

Hi,

Fred Baker wisely noted:
> I observe that for every person with a complaint
> there have been two saying they loved it.
> I'm listening to those people as well.

Include me in the "loved it" group...with a slightly different twist
than I've read so far:

As it turned out, I registered too late for the Hilton block of rooms
at the IETF rate, and ended up in the Prague Marriott.  The room rate
was somewhat higher (as noted on the IETF web site), but the
accommodations were excellent, as was every aspect of staying there
(food, services, staff, security, very good wrt non-smoking
considerations).  The relatively short and brisk walks to and from the
Hilton were pleasant and refreshing, even several times a day...and
being that much closer to the old town commercial and cultural venues
was a definite added bonus.  (The Prague Marriott extended the
discounted IETF rate to me for the entire duration of my stay -- Sat to
Sat -- including high-speed Internet (no glitches whatsoever) and an
outstanding full breakfast each day.)

The Prague IETF meeting was well worth the cost...and I would
definitely return to the Prague Marriott for a vacation in Prague (if I
could afford their regular rates...which I doubt).

One last thing: While I empathize with Andy's comments about air travel
today, I have to say that Air France did a great job for me on this
trip (IAD->CDG->PRG and return)...esp. considering the very bad weather
conditions at IAD on March 16.

The Prague IETF experience was a great one for me, in all
respects....and I also love Minneapolis!

Cheers,
BobN