RE: [69ATTENDEES] Networking at IETF meetings

"Stephen Hanna" <shanna@juniper.net> Tue, 31 July 2007 16:58 UTC

Subject: RE: [69ATTENDEES] Networking at IETF meetings
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:58:36 -0400
From: Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net>
To: Eric Burger <eburger@bea.com>, 69attendees@ietf.org

With the "Keep It Simple" principle in mind, I think we can
just say that people who want an ad-hoc meal should meet at
the IETF Message Board at meal times. This better suits the
ad-hoc, casual, last-minute nature of the situation than a
complicated online sign-up sheet.

The message board also provides a convenient place for a
sign saying "Happily Educational and Yeasty Mealtime Ad-hoc
Networking (heyman)" or some such clever acronym, along
with a humorous description of the ad-hoc meeting protocol.

Thanks,

Steve