Re: [6lo] Review Request for ipv6-over-nfc-07

최영환 <yhc@etri.re.kr> Mon, 03 July 2017 08:08 UTC

From: 최영환 <yhc@etri.re.kr>
To: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>, Samita Chakrabarti <samitac.ietf@gmail.com>, Dave Thaler <dthaler@microsoft.com>, "6lo-chairs@ietf.org" <6lo-chairs@ietf.org>, lo <6lo@ietf.org>
CC: James Woodyatt <jhw@google.com>, 박정수 <pjs@etri.re.kr>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 08:08:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.254.170.124]
Subject: Re: [6lo] Review Request for ipv6-over-nfc-07

Dear Pascal,

First of all, thanks for your comments.
Please, see in-line bellows:

BRs,
Younghwan Choi

From: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) [mailto:pthubert@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:43 PM
To: Samita Chakrabarti <samitac.ietf@gmail.com>; Dave Thaler <dthaler@microsoft.com>; 최영환 <yhc@etri.re.kr>; 6lo-chairs@ietf.org; lo <6lo@ietf.org>
Cc: James Woodyatt <jhw@google.com>
Subject: RE: Review Request for ipv6-over-nfc-07

Dear authors ;

Thanks for incorporating a nonce in the computation of the privacy address. This addresses my concern. It would have been good to insist that you are doing it in the security section as well, but the text there confirms that the address is not repeated on the next connection so we should be all set. Also in the security section, I’m not sure what to do with this text:

“

   However, malicious tries for one connection of a long-lived link with
   NFC technology are not secure, so the method of deriving interface
   identifiers from 6-bit NFC Link layer addresses is intended to
   preserve global uniqueness when it is possible.  Therefore, it
   requires a way to protect from duplication through accident or
  forgery and to define a way to include sufficient bit of entropy in
   the IPv6 interface identifier, such as random EUI-64.

“
I fail to understand the first sentence and the paragraph reads as a problem statement, but for what?  Seems that section 4.3 does now provide the required entropy, correct?

>>  Yes, it’s correct. I support your comments. The paragraph have been done before I added the new texts in section 4.3. I’ll revise the paragraph in security section for the next version.

About section 4.5, I think some more text could be useful to assign the role of 6LBR.
If 2 similar devices meet (say 2 handeheld), whether one is 6LR/LBR. How would that be decided?
When they are different, if there is a fixed device (a payment terminal, say) or provides connectivity as a router, then it makes sense that it is 6LBR.
This could be described so we would not end up with 2 devices that cannot talk because they only do 6LN.

>>  You’re right. The current version does not mention the role of 6LBR when two NFC-devices meet. I’m working to add more texts for the role in the next version. Maybe, the new version (-08) including reflection about all feedback from you and James will be produced soon! Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Pascal