Re: [6lo] Comments on draft-hou-6lo-plc-04

"Liubing (Remy)" <remy.liubing@huawei.com> Sat, 20 October 2018 06:57 UTC

From: "Liubing (Remy)" <remy.liubing@huawei.com>
To: "S.V.R.Anand" <anand@ece.iisc.ernet.in>, "6lo@ietf.org" <6lo@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:56:58 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.130.180.83]
Subject: Re: [6lo] Comments on draft-hou-6lo-plc-04

Dear Anand,

Thank you very much for your review. Please find my responses below.

Best regards,
Remy

[Remy]It is true that ITU-T G.9903 has included the selections from RFC4944 and RFC6282 in the body text. Thus the related description is normative. In our draft, the G.9903 related contents, such as stateless address autoconfiguration, LL address, unicast address mapping and header compression, are well aligned with ITU-T standard. What is in our draft but not in ITU-T G.9903: neighbor discovery protocols in RFC6775 and RFC6775-update, the new outcome of 6lo. As for the two IEEE standards, the description on IPv6 adaptation does not cover all the aspects, and is included as annexes, thus not formal standards. In this draft, we are aiming to provide an overall design of PLC IPv6 adaptation layer based on IETF standards and their modifications.