Re: [6lowpan] ND-17 / DNS support

"Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com> Thu, 26 January 2012 15:34 UTC

From: "Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com>
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>, Tom <my.mailing.acc@gmail.com>, "6lowpan@ietf.org" <6lowpan@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:35:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [194.171.252.101]
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] ND-17 / DNS support

> The same is true for TBD1 (31) and TBD2 (32), which have been assigned in the meantime:
> 31      DNS Search List Option                  [RFC6106]
> 32      Proxy Signature (PS)                    [RFC-ietf-csi-proxy-send-05.txt]

#31 triggered me: should 6lowpan-ND mention anything about support of the RDNSS option in RFC6106? Supporting would allow 6LBR/6LRs to e.g. distribute an address of a DNS server to all 6LNs. Or are there better alternatives for a 6LN to obtain a DNS server? In many use cases DNS is an essential service component, see. e.g. draft-vanderstok-core-bc-05.

Esko