Re: [6lowpan] FW: TID in ARO [was: "Advertize on Behalf" flag in ARO]

Geoff Mulligan <geoff.ietf@mulligan.com> Thu, 21 April 2011 15:40 UTC

From: Geoff Mulligan <geoff.ietf@mulligan.com>
To: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:40:45 -0600
Cc: 6lowpan@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] FW: TID in ARO [was: "Advertize on Behalf" flag in ARO]

Pascal,
  We need to close on this discussion.

Back in Hiroshima the Working Group decided that Backbone router stuff
and "address defense" across backbone routers was not going to be part
of ND draft.  It appeared that the draft was getting way to complicated
and the Working Group decided to simplify things.

I have not seen much support on the list for making these changes to
include the TID in ND.

We need to get this draft completed.  If there is a large "unheard from"
support group for these changes, please speak up or we shall move
forward with the draft as it is.

	geoff