Re: [6lowpan] draft-brandt-6man-lowpanz as a new 6man WG document

Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com> Fri, 15 March 2013 16:26 UTC

From: Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:26:40 -0400
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Cc: "6lowpan@ietf.org" <6lowpan@ietf.org>, "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] draft-brandt-6man-lowpanz as a new 6man WG document

I have also reviewed this draft, and am definitely supportive of it moving forward as a WG document. I agree with Carsten's comments, especially with regard to 6LoWPAN-ND. I understand that an update is already in progress to address those comments.

In addition, I found Figure 4 in Section 5.3 to be confusing at first. It should be clarified that this is a G.9959 link-layer address.

Since this is a less widely known link-layer, a couple examples would not hurt as to the structure of the MAC framing with the address mapping defined in Section 5.3 for both unicast and multicast addresses.

Regards,
Zach