Re: [6tisch] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-13: (with COMMENT)

Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca> Thu, 20 February 2020 15:03 UTC

From: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
To: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, "Murray S. Kucherawy" <superuser@gmail.com>
cc: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>, pthubert@cisco.com, 6tisch-chairs@ietf.org, 6tisch@ietf.org, draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 16:03:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [6tisch] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-13: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> wrote:
    > COMMENT:

    > — Section 1.2 —

I believe that I've dealt with all of Barry's original comments in -13.

    > The following are comments from Murray Kucherawy, incoming ART AD.
    > Murray is getting an early start on doing reviews, and I’m including
    > his comments into my ballots during the overlap period before he’s
    > officially an Area Director.

    >  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    > Mostly minor things here since this is (currently) well outside my
    > domain.

    > Every reference to "Enhanced Beacon" in this document parses to me as
    > "Enhanced Bacon".

I can't help if Murray is pining for Bacon.

    > The nits from directorate reports seem to provide good editorial
    > suggestions, though somehow none of them noticed that the second
    > paragraph of Section 1.3 starts "Although However".  It looks kind of
    > like the "although" should actually come after the second comma.

I think that this paragraph already got rewritten.

    > I don't know what to make sure of "(see {?RFC7554})".  Are they not
    > sure about these references?  Or is this a new format thing?

This is a markdown failure, it should be {{?RFC7554}}, which markdown expands
to a proper xref.  Fixed.

    > RFC 8137's IANA section seems especially spartan, but there's nothing
    > to be done about that here.  (I discovered this by following a
    > reference.)

This document is the second user of it.

    > In Section 2, "Values range" should be "Values range from".

fixed.

    > Same section: "The exact process is a subject of significant research
    > work."  Are we documenting a process we don't understand?  Are any
    > references to said research appropriate here?

There are aspects of this, and aspects that are certain.
How to tune/calculate the values is the subject of research.
How to intepret them is clear.

    > The sentence "This value MUST be ignored by pledges..." is a comma
    > splice.

Fixed.

    > Under "pan priority", should "Acycling" be "Acyclic"?

Thanks.

    > "nodes'" should be "node's", I think.

agreed. fixed.

Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@sandelman.ca>ca>, Sandelman Software Works