[6tisch] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-12: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Sun, 16 February 2020 16:11 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon@ietf.org, Pascal Thubert <pthubert@cisco.com>, 6tisch-chairs@ietf.org, pthubert@cisco.com, 6tisch@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 08:11:57 -0800
Subject: [6tisch] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-12: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-12: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document: it seems simple and easy :-)

Nevertheless, please find below some non-blocking COMMENTs (and I would
appreciate a response from the authors) and NITS.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Abstract --
"announce the presence of the network" makes me wonder... Do nodes announce the
network ? or do nodes announced THEIR presence in the network ? or do router
nodes announce the network? or am I too unfamiliar with TSCH ?

-- Section 1.2 --
Please expand "ASN" at first use. I guess that this is not the usual AS Number
;-)

-- Section 1.3 --
Please add a reference for "broadcast aloha slot".

Isn't the word "IETF" in "defines a new IETF Information Element (IE)"
redundant in an IETF document ?

-- Section 2 --
"that need addressing via unicast Router Solicitation messages" is unclear to
me... Is to do SLAAC ? or look for an actual router?

Add a reference + acronym expansion to RPL at first use.

"This field provides the suffix (IID)" please expand interface ID and, on my
side, I do not like naming the IID as a suffix.

-- Section 5 --
Reading and applying RFC 8126 (how to write IANA considerations) would be
beneficial.

== NITS ==

-- Abstract --
Suggest to expand TSCH at first use.

-- Section 1.3 --
Unsure whether "reasons: First, there" should have a capitalized "First".

There are also many acronyms that should be expanded at first use (I stopped
commenting about those).