Re: [72attendees] Clarifying Host Responsibilities (was Re:Guestroom Network not under NOC Control)

"Eric Gray" <eric.gray@ericsson.com> Tue, 29 July 2008 05:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:51:56 -0500
From: Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
To: Marshall Eubanks <tme@multicasttech.com>, "Soininen Jonne (NSN FI/Espoo)" <jonne.soininen@nsn.com>
Cc: 72attendees@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [72attendees] Clarifying Host Responsibilities (was Re:Guestroom Network not under NOC Control)
Sender: 72attendees-bounces@ietf.org

Hmmmm.  The wired network in my room has what certainly looks like
a permanently attached card that says "Broadband Internet Access
With Compliments of The Management" - which indicates (to me) that
the host's involvement in the "free" in-room network was probably
limited to selection of this very nice hotel.

But I agree that the tone of the discussion on this list has been
rather more severe toward both the sponsor(s), and the hotel, than
either deserves.  While I have had some trouble with the conference
network, I think it is improving.  The service and accomodations
of this venue are totally excellent, even if the hotel is pretty
far from the center of things, and I think we could be considerably
more patient if the hotel staff seems somewhat overwhelmed by our
strange behaviours as a group...

--
Eric Gray