Subject: [76attendees] Kansai/Hiroshima Train Station: ATM/travel to hotel
From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:36:31 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
List-Id: <76attendees.ietf.org>

>Welcome to Hiroshima!
>
>Hey guys
>
>
>This site might be useful.
>
>http://www.ietf76.jp/archives.html

Thank you for all the info you have provided.  You have done a wonderful 
job.

I am taking one of the recommended itineraries not yet discussed.  I am 
traveling to Kansai Airport and by train from there to Hiroshima.

Can anyone way whether I will need cash to purchase the train ticket in 
Kansai Airport?  I thought I saw suggestions on some sites that train 
ticket purchases need cash, which seems odd.

How can I get from the Hiroshima Airport to my hotel?  I'm staying at the 
Oriental Hotel, which does not seem to be within walking distance with 
luggage - correct?  I might arrive after sunset.

I found the web site 
http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/money/index.html with a list of 
banks that have ATM machines at the Kansai Airport.  A few, not all, are 
available 24 hrs a day.

My apologies if this information has already been posted somewhere.

--Sandy

P.S.  On the web site http://www.ietf76.jp/general/atm/#atm-postoffice, 
the atm10.png graphic did not display for me.  Many thanks for the 
pictures translating the important buttons (backspace, confirm, etc.).

P.S.  The Post Office web site about use of international cards in post 
office ATM machines does not seem to be completely functional - the text 
seems to refer to things not displayed, like handling charges, hours when 
not available, etc.