Re: [76attendees] transport from Hiroshima airport to hotel

Ronald van der Pol <rvdp@sara.nl> Mon, 02 November 2009 08:45 UTC

Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:45:47 +0900
From: Ronald van der Pol <rvdp@sara.nl>
To: Akira Kato <kato@wide.ad.jp>
Cc: "76attendees@ietf.org" <76attendees@ietf.org>, "Guang.Lu@InterDigital.com" <Guang.Lu@InterDigital.com>
Subject: Re: [76attendees] transport from Hiroshima airport to hotel

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 16:36:55 +0200, Akira Kato wrote:

> If you will be arriving via an International fligt, the bus
> may not change the schedule. When you miss the last bus departure,
> there is no nice way to get your hotel.

This happened to me last evening. My flight from Seoul was delayed
by more than an hour and I arrived ar Hiroshima airport at 21:30.
Fortunately, I still could get a bus. I got one to the bus center
at 21:50.

I noticed a few things that might be useful to others who are
in a similar rush. So these are NOT complaints. I am enjoying
the visit so far.

The immigration, customs and baggage reclaim procedures went
very quickly. I think I went through them in less than 15 minutes.

You can buy a ticket in the bus with cash. Credit cards are not
accepted in the bus.

The bus ticket vending machines in the domestic terminal did not
seem to accept credit cards. However, there is a shop right next
to the vending machines that sells bus tickets and takes credit
cards.

There was bus personal at the bus stop that was helpful and
spoke English.

There did not seem to be an ATM at the domestic terminal.

Avoid window seats in the bus. The heating is on the floor
at the window side and it was probably at full capacity. It
was uncomfortably hot in the bus, dispite that I was only
wearing a T-shirt. Many public places seem to be quite warm
(~ 25 Celsius), so be sure to pack some T-shirts.

	rvdp