Re: [78attendees] We'll meet again...

Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com> Fri, 30 July 2010 18:10 UTC

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:10:36 -0400
From: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>
To: 78attendees@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [78attendees] We'll meet again...

Ditto,
I enjoyed my train rides to and from Schiphol, in particular I liked the
fact that during the ride I got to enjoy the company of IETF'ers that I
do not normaly talk to. This was facilitated by the open seating on the
trains and the extra space. So in the future having meetings that
require a train connection should be encouraged as long as it is
easy to make the connection from plane to train.

Thanks a lot to the hosts and people of Maastrictht including the ones
that partied outside my hotel window until 2-3 each night :-)

Overall I think my preference for IETF meetings is smaller cities as we
get treated better and it just feels good to visit towns that appreciate
that we are there.

In addition I want to thank the NOC team and the Secretariat for making
the IETF meeting a success in the face of number of challenges.

	Olafur (looking forward to visiting Beijing in the fall)