[86-1st-timers] Welcome to Your First IETF Meeting

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Tue, 12 February 2013 22:41 UTC

From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:41:49 -0500
To: 86-1st-timers@ietf.org
Cc: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Subject: [86-1st-timers] Welcome to Your First IETF Meeting

Dear First-Time Attendees:

I am pleased that you are planning to attend your first IETF meeting. I look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks at IETF 86 in Orlando, Florida.

To help you get started on the right foot, you are invited a Meet-and-Greet with the WG Chairs from 4-5pm on Sunday, March 10th.  Only first-time attendees and WG Chairs, IESG members, and IAB members are invited to this special reception, which will take place on the Boca Patio of the Caribe Royale.  Beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided. This will be an informal  gathering; there will be no speeches or presentations.  The sole purpose of this gathering is to give you some time to mingle with the WG Chairs, providing a forum for you to get answers to any questions you may have about the IETF.  If you are hoping to speak with a  particular WG Chair, you may want to check out our WG Chair Directory, where you can find photos of many of the IETF WG Chairs:

http://www.ietf.org/wg/chair-photos.html

The Meet-and-Greet will end promptly at 5pm.  At that time, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF 86 Welcome Reception.

As you prepare to attend your first IETF meeting, I strongly recommend that you review the Tao of the IETF, which is available online:

http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

I encourage you to attend the Newcomers tutorial from 1-3pm on Sunday, March 10th.  This tutorial was recorded at a previous IETF meeting, and you can view it at your leisure at:

http://www.ietf.org/newcomers.html

Safe Travel and Best Wishes,
Russ Housley
IETF Chair