Re: [87attendees] [87all] IETF 87 Berlin Meeting Review

Dan Harkins <dharkins@arubanetworks.com> Wed, 14 August 2013 14:54 UTC

From: Dan Harkins <dharkins@arubanetworks.com>
To: Ray Pelletier <rpelletier@isoc.org>, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:53:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.1.8.202]
Cc: "87attendees@ietf.org attendees" <87attendees@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [87attendees] [87all] IETF 87 Berlin Meeting Review

On 8/14/13 7:35 AM, "Ray Pelletier" <rpelletier@isoc.org> wrote:

>On Aug 14, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
>

>Ray, this is just a thought, and I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it in
>Orlando, but if the conference hotel can tag 30 walkers in advance, could
>they go one step further and tag 30 people who didn't travel
>intercontinentally to get
> there?
>
>That's a good question.  Do others feel the same way?  Of course, as in
>Orlando, they asked us to select ones not to move and we refused.  There
>are no VIPs.  We asked them to make the selection a random one.

  When I checked in I had just arrived in Berlin after 10 days vacation in
Europe-- my flight was around 2 hours. The extremely nice woman at the
counter
looked at my (US) passport and assumed I had just arrived on a
transatlantic
flight and commented about how tired I must be and would I like to be
upgraded
to a junior suite.

  The point is, I don't think we enter our commute/travel times when we
register
so random is the fairest way of handling this sort of thing.

  Dan.