[92-1st-timers] IETF 92 Information, Resources and Specific Events for Newcomers

Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com> Thu, 19 March 2015 17:27 UTC

From: Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 10:26:57 -0700
To: 92-1st-timers@ietf.org
Subject: [92-1st-timers] IETF 92 Information, Resources and Specific Events for Newcomers

Dear First-Time Attendees:

We are pleased that you are attending your first IETF meeting, and we look forward to meeting all of you soon in Dallas, Texas!

As you prepare to attend IETF 92, please take a few minutes to watch the excellent “Top 10 Things to Know Before Your First IETF Meeting” video embedded here: http://www.ietf.org/newcomers.html.  We also strongly encourage you to review The Tao of the IETF, which is available online: http://www.ietf.org/tao.html.

Additional IETF 92 resources for newcomers are available here: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/92/92-newcomers.html. We hope that you will be able to attend the Newcomers orientation from 1300-1450 CDT (1-3pm) on Sunday, March 10th.  If you are unable to attend, it was recorded at a previous IETF meeting and you can view it at your leisure at: http://www.ietf.org/edu/process-oriented-tutorials.html#newcomers.

To help you get started on the right foot, you are invited a Meet-and-Greet with the WG Chairs from 1600-1700 CDT( 4-5pm) on Sunday the 22nd.  Only first-time attendees and WG Chairs, IESG members, and IAB members are invited to this special reception, which will take place on the Roof Garden, on the Terrace level of the Fairmont.  Beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided. This will be an informal gathering; there will be no speeches or presentations.  The sole purpose is to give you some time to mingle with the WG Chairs, providing a forum for you to get answers to any questions you may have about the IETF.  If you are hoping to speak with a particular WG Chair, you may want to check out our WG Chair Directory, where you can find photos of many of them: http://www.ietf.org/wg/chair-photos.html. The Meet-and-Greet will end promptly at 1700.  At that time, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF 86 Welcome Reception.

On Monday there is an informal (and not subsidized) Newcomers Dinner at a nearby local restaurant, exact location TBD. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to Maddy Conner at mconner@amsl.com no later than 1600 on Monday.

Safe Travels,
Alexa

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris@amsl.com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>