Re: [93attendees] hilton exit

"Patrik Fältström " <paf@netnod.se> Sat, 25 July 2015 04:56 UTC

From: Patrik Fältström <paf@netnod.se>
To: Aaron Falk <aaron.falk@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 06:56:25 +0200
Cc: 93attendees@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [93attendees] hilton exit

On 25 Jul 2015, at 6:23, Aaron Falk wrote:

> Just a word of advice.
>
> Last night I asked about reserving a morning car for the airport and was told by the front desk that I should 'just show up, there will be lots of cabs'.  My flight is at 7 so I arrived out front at 5am and there were no cabs.  Also, two sets of folks waiting for airport cars they had reserved for 5.  A car arrived about 10 minutes later and the first group was nice enough to let me squeeze in.  (I hope that Adam Roach, who we left behind, made it safely to his flight.) So, my advice is to be a bit conservative about when you leave for the airport.

I left 5AM Thursday morning with one of the hotels cars. I called at maybe 2200 night before to Hotel Staff and said I need a car to the hotel. Pay driver (which I did with credit card). Two of us had ordered a car at 2200. Tied to your hotel room. Just worked.

> Also the line at Czech airlines was -very- long.

The normal coach line was very long, BUT, if you had checked in "via web" there was a special very short line between the long line and the business class line.

> Goodbye, Prague. Safe travels everyone!  Looking forward to seeing you all in Yokohama!!

Hope rest of travel is better for you Aaron!

  Patrik Fältström
  Head of Research and Development
  Netnod