Re: [94attendees] Day trip to Tokyo

Peter Yee <peter@akayla.com> Thu, 05 November 2015 09:39 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 01:39:04 -0700
From: Peter Yee <peter@akayla.com>
To: attendees <94attendees@ietf.org>
Cc: Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com>
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Day trip to Tokyo

If you take this tour, you also have an opportunity to try something else
unusual (in any other place than Tokyo).  Think cat cafes are an interesting
idea? You might like one of Tokyo’s owl cafes as well.   You pay a fixed
price (~$20) and in return you get a drink (juice, coffee, tea, soda, etc.)
and the opportunity to interact with owls for an hour.  You’ll get to play
with the owls and even hold an owl on your gloved hand (they have sharp
talons).  Most amazing orange eyes I’ve ever seen.

-Peter

Directions: From the west entrance to Takeshita Dori (the main Harajuku
shopping street) across the street from Harajuku Station, walk half a block
north.  Look for the sign with owl pictures on it on the sidewalk.  Go to
the backside of the building and take the elevator to the 4th floor.  If you
get to CookieTime, you’ve gone 20 meters too far.

More info on the concept: Hoot! Owl cafés are the latest craze in Tokyo,
Japan ...
<http://www.treehugger.com/culture/owl-cafe-latest-craze-tokyo-japan.html>

On 11/5/15, 2:05 AM, "94attendees on behalf of Natasha Rooney"