Re: [94attendees] IHG "Non-qualifying Stay"?

"Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com> Wed, 18 November 2015 08:16 UTC

From: "Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com>
To: "Roberta Maglione (robmgl)" <robmgl@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 08:16:21 +0000
x-mailer: Apple Mail (2.3096.5)
x-originating-ip: [10.120.60.35]
Cc: "94attendees@ietf.org" <94attendees@ietf.org>, David C Lawrence <tale@akamai.com>
Subject: Re: [94attendees] IHG "Non-qualifying Stay"?

On 2015-11-18, at 9:02, Roberta Maglione (robmgl) <robmgl@cisco.com>; wrote:
> I contacted the customer service and here there is their reply:
>
> "After further review, we have confirmed the room rate paid during the stay in question was booked under a deeply discounted group rate. As such, it is ineligible for credit to your account per section 12  and 13 of the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions. May we kindly inform you that points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting. If you stay at an IHG hotel under the terms of a contract or group commitment, you will not be eligible to receive points."

I got the same reply in the meantime. (I replied that I did pay with a personal card, let's see what comes back.)

> I still think they should have made this policy clear during the booking process.

+1

This is the first time ever that I haven't gotten status credit for stay booked at a group rate (that I ran through a personal credit card), and I must have had hundreds over the years.

It didn't matter this time, but for the future, when there are more hotel options, it would be nice to know whether an IETF-negotiated rate was bonus-eligible.

(BCC'ing the IAOC, so they can maybe put this on their already too long list of things to check.)

Lars