Re: [94attendees] IHG "Non-qualifying Stay"?

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es> Wed, 18 November 2015 15:47 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:47:15 +0100
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: "94attendees@ietf.org" <94attendees@ietf.org>, iaoc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [94attendees] IHG "Non-qualifying Stay"?

Totally disagree.

One of the requirements to select an hotel for an IETF meeting MUST BE to respect the rewards programs. Otherwise the community must be consulted.

The hotels make their business already because we are a group, we pay for food, other services, etc., even if we get a better rate (which is not usually the case), the existing rewards must be respected. Otherwise, we need to decide about it, be informed ahead, etc., so we have the choice to look for an alternative venue or hotel or both.

Regards,
Jordi