Re: [94attendees] Day trip to Tokyo

Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com> Thu, 05 November 2015 04:36 UTC

From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
To: pravb@microsoft.com
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 04:35:56 +0000
Cc: 94attendees@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Day trip to Tokyo

Thursday, Nov 5, 2015 1:29 PM Praveen Balasubramanian wrote:
> What would be the best way to reach Tokyo from Yokohama - which train is the most frequent from Yokohama station to Tokyo and also runs into late evening? Any suggestions on the best places to explore in Tokyo (is http://wikitravel.org/en/Classic_Tokyo,_Modern_Tokyo a good itinerary)?

It depends where you are going.   There are lots of trains that get there in a similar amount of time.   For example, I went up to the Omotesando neighborhood by taking the Minatomirai line, which changed to two other lines without me having to change trains.   Express most of the way.   If you are going to the Ginza, you can switch at Yokohama station to the Tokaido line (IIRC) and that has expresses that get you there pretty fast.   You can also switch to the Keikyu line at Yokohama, and it is pretty great from a tourist perspective, more so than the Tokaido line.

Use Google Maps if you have it, and get directions.   It will tell  you what train to take and what it says on the announcement.   You can identify the train by the time if the announcement is only in Japanese, because they are that accurate.

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon@fugue.com