[97attendees] Incheon airport: wifi, ATM, train to Conrad

"Marc Blanchet" <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca> Fri, 11 November 2016 02:51 UTC

From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
To: 97attendees@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:51:43 +0900
Subject: [97attendees] Incheon airport: wifi, ATM, train to Conrad

Hello,
  Incheon airport experience.
- wifi works great, no hassles, good performance.
- ATM: on arrival, after getting the luggage, there were ATMs, but they
did not work with both my (Canadian) debit and credit (VISA) cards, even
following instructions in english on one of them. I tried many. Many
people I crossed did the same as me without luck: we all tried 3-4
different ATMs with no luck. They were all located together with a money
exchange service. Well, one may make conclusions… anyway. On my way to
the train, at the _basement_ level, there was a branch of Shinhan bank.
ATM there worked just fine. english instructions were easy. was able to
use my debit card with no issue. 3000 won service charge.
- Train to Conrad: Following email exchange with Conrad concierge and
searching, I did the following which worked pretty well:
  + take the train from Incheon airport to Gimpo Airport. Change there
to take Line 9 (direction Sports Complex) to Yeouido station. When I
exit at the Gimpo Airport, the line 9, direction Sports Complex, was on
the other side! 2 minutes waiting! (mid-afternoon Thursday). The ticket
for the whole ride was bought in the vending machines under « all-stop
trains » on the left in the basement of the airport. There was someone
there to help, but it was easy, english instructions. You buy the ticket
to the destination (Yeouido). 4650 won. The whole ride was just fine and
pleasant. Arriving at the Yeouido station, look for exit #3 (IFC Mall).
Enter the mall, inside you should find signs for Conrad Hotel. pretty
easy.

Regards, Marc.