Re: [97attendees] SIM card for Seoul

ietf@johnlevine.com Mon, 14 November 2016 09:08 UTC

Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 15:05:11 -0000
From: ietf@johnlevine.com
To: 97attendees@ietf.org
Cc: dev+ietf@seantek.com
Subject: Re: [97attendees] SIM card for Seoul

I came across the same KT Olleh store, and got a SIM for my Android
phone.  No teacher this time, but Google translate on my phone and
Apple translate on her iPad did the trick.  On my phone the data
connection configured itself, no manual APN futzing needed.  My
connection is HSPA+ rather than LTE, but that's plenty fast.

>Just wanted to check: Does this SIM card include a Korean phone number? Can you make and
>receive calls?

Yes, yes, and yes.

>Will this SIM card’s phone number overwrite/deactivate your usual phone
>number in in iMessage/on iOS devices?

Beats me.  Works great on a Motorola XT1060.

R's,
John