Agenda for Seattle Accounting BOF

nevil@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz Mon, 28 February 1994 03:18 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 16:10:29 +1300
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: nevil@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz
To: accounting-wg@wugate.wustl.edu
Subject: Agenda for Seattle Accounting BOF

We have organised a BOF on Internet Accounting at the Seattle IETF.
This is scheduled for 1330-1530 on Wednesday 30; the draft agenda is
attached below.

   * If you'll be at the Seattle IETF and have an interest in
       accounting, please come along and participate

   * If you have items you'd like to discuss, please post some
       information about them on the mailing list so we can all
       think about them beforehand

Internet Accounting: Draft Agenda for BOF at Seattle IETF

1. Introductions:  Who's here, what do they hope for?

2. Accounting Architecture:  10-minute Overview.

3. NeTraMet:  Brief overview, followed by one or two case studies
      showing network configuration, reporting requirements, reports
      as produced, rule file used to gather the data.

4. Users' experiences with NeTraMet

5. Proposed Charter (i.e. Goals) for this WG
     * Informational RFC on Internet Accounting Architecture
     * Informational RFC for Meter Services MIB
     * Internet Draft on Accounting Collector Requirements
	 + Format of flow data files
	 + Protocols for managing collection; starting, restarting,
	      names for data files, ...
     * Internet Draft on Accounting Manager Requirements
	 + Format for Accounting Rule files
	 + Language(s) for specifying flows
     * "Economics" issues
	 + Survey of cost sharing/recovery schemes currently in use

6. Other topics
     * Programs to do useful things with the accounting meter, e.g.
	 plots of meter performance statistics,
	 remote display of flow information, ...

|  Nevil Brownlee:        n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz         Deputy Director  |
|     FAX: 64 9 373 7425        Computer Centre, The University of Auckland  |
|   Phone: 64 9 373 7599 x8941     Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand  |