Re: NeTraMet Software (fwd)

nevil@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz Wed, 09 February 1994 23:51 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:45:35 +1300
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: nevil@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz
To: accounting-wg@wugate.wustl.edu
Subject: Re: NeTraMet Software (fwd)

Copy of notes from/to Gus Estrella FYI ..

To: estrella@cass.ma02.bull.com (Gustavo Estrella)

> I just installed the NeTraMet software and it ran beautifully.  I
> have it set on a Zenith 386 PC with a 3Com 509 card and it seems to
> be running fine.  I have been able to get to it from another system
> through snmp.

Good!

> Two quick questions -

> 1) Do you think you will make a version of the Collector for DOS.
>
> 2) Do you have a copy of the snmp utilities (snmpget, snmpgetnext,
> etc) ported to DOS?  (I really need this and once I get through your
> program figure that it will be easy to port.  However, if you have
> it [or any other snmpget prg for DOS] I would love to get a copy of it.)

I haven't ported NeMaC to DOS, but there shouldn't be any problems in
doing it.  Main reason why I hadn't is that I'd hoped someone else
would make a nice manager in the Windows environment.  However, I'll do it
for the next release, planned for early March.  That will include some
programs to extract flow information and produce plots using GnuPlot.

> I am currently running the software at night, and hope to have a
> dedicated PC to be placed on our highest used segment (10 servers,
> 7 UNIX and 3 LANMAN).
>
> Reagrds, Gus Estrella

|  Nevil Brownlee:        n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz         Deputy Director  |
|     FAX: 64 9 373 7425        Computer Centre, The University of Auckland  |
|   Phone: 64 9 373 7599 x8941     Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand  |