[Ace] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 10 March 2022 10:03 UTC

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile@ietf.org, ace-chairs@ietf.org, ace@ietf.org, Daniel Migault <daniel.migault@ericsson.com>, daniel.migault@ericsson.com, cabo@tzi.org
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 02:03:18 -0800
Subject: [Ace] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-15: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/

DISCUSS:

Updating my ballot after reviewing draft-ietf-ace-aif-06. Just want to make
sure we don't miss anything, please feel free to correct me if I missed the
mark here.

FP: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-aif-06#section-4
states:

default values are the values "URI-local-
   part" for Toid and "REST-method-set" for Tperm, as per Section 3 of
   the present specification.

   A specification that wants to use Generic AIF with different Toid
   and/or Tperm is expected to request these as media type parameters
   (Section 5.2) and register a corresponding Content-Format
   (Section 5.3).

FP: I wonder if this document should define a new media type parameter for
Tperm (as REST-method-set is not appropriate for "pub"/"sub" value) and
register a corresponding Content-Format as indicated in the paragraph above.
CC'ing Carsten for his opinion.

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work on this document

Many thanks to Jean Mahoney for her ART ART review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/art/REdbeKR0FBJ1CnVtKOUaJnaeONk/, and to
the authors for addressing it.

Only two minor comments easy to fix, see below.

Francesca

1. -----

FP: Please replace references to RFC7230 with draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-19
which will obsolete it once published. Note that
draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-19 is already with the RFC Editor so will not
delay publication of your document.

2. -----

Section 7.3

FP: I believe this profile should be registered in the Standards track portion
of the registry - please add a note about it so that IANA is aware, changing
for example:

OLD:
*  CBOR Value: To be assigned by IANA
NEW:
*  CBOR Value: To be assigned by IANA in the (-256, 255) range