Re: [Ace] AIF as discussed today (Re: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-08.txt)

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Tue, 23 June 2020 15:47 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Francesca Palombini' <francesca.palombini=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, 'Carsten Bormann' <cabo@tzi.org>, 'Ace Wg' <ace@ietf.org>
CC: 'Marco Tiloca' <marco.tiloca@ri.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 08:46:53 -0700
Subject: Re: [Ace] AIF as discussed today (Re: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-08.txt)

This follows what I would expect, for MQTT I would see

AIF-MQTT = AIF_Generic<filter, permissions>
filter = tstr
permissions = [ +permission ]
permission = "publish" / "subscribe"

For the group comm draft, I think that

AIF-GROUP-COM = AIF_Generic<path, permisions>
path = tstr  ; group name
permissions = uint . bits methods
methods = &(
    requester = 1,
   responder = 2,
   monitor = 3,
   verifier = 4
)

This does require a registry if we ever expect this to grow.