Re: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile-10.txt

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Tue, 28 April 2020 17:22 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 10:22:45 -0700
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: Francesca Palombini <francesca.palombini@ericsson.com>
Cc: "ace@ietf.org" <ace@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile-10.txt

Hi Francesca,

I took a look through the updates and we are looking in quite good shape.

I filed https://github.com/ace-wg/ace-oscore-profile/pull/30 with a few
final suggested tweaks, though I cannot quite say that they are all just
editorial.  In particular, I remove text about "the client MUST include the
access token using the correct CBOR label (e.g., "cwt" for CWT, "jwt" for
JWT")" since I didn't understand how that was expected to work and it
wasn't reflected in the example.  I also propose to remove "verification of
access rights" from the discussion of the procedure to upload a token that
updates the access rights on a given security context -- the "verification
of access rights" is superficially parallel to the procedures specified in
the previous paragraph, but the previous paragraph talks about regular
OSCORE exchanges (that do operations that have access control applied to
them), whereas the text in question is just for the one-shot "upload new
token" operation.

Once the text from Jim arrives, then we should be all set on this one ...
to wait for the DTLS profile, that is, so the group of four documents goes
to the IESG as a unit.

Thanks!

-Ben