[Ace] Extended REST model comment

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Tue, 30 June 2020 14:43 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: draft-bormann-core-ace-aif@ietf.org
CC: ace@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 07:43:20 -0700
Subject: [Ace] Extended REST model comment

In trying to formalize a policy for the RD testing, I ended up with
something that I think needs to be noted in this section.  There is a
difference between the following statements:

Access is granted to resources created by the client.
Access is granted to resources that could have been created by the client.

The first is what the text seems to cover.  This make sense in for the
coffeepot where only the person who created the order should be able to
cancel it.  (Well maybe an administrator might need to as well.)  However it
does not cover the case where an installer created a number of entries in
the RD.  A QA person then comes through to make sure the installation was
done correctly.  When he finds a problem, the first statement requires that
the original installer come out to fix it while the second statement allows
the QA person to make the fix.

Jim