[Ace] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-16: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 23 March 2021 14:05 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize@ietf.org, ace-chairs@ietf.org, ace@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:05:03 -0700
Subject: [Ace] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-16: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-16: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated), and some nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

Is there any reason to use DTLS 1.2 while the document DTLS 1.3 is on the same
IESG telechat ? I understand that they are from different WG but this may not
be the most efficient to specify a protocol using DTLS.

-- Section 3.1 --
Has the "resource owner (RO)" been defined earlier ?

-- Section 3.2.2 --
The wrong selection of RPK recovery is unclear to me. What happens if the
client does not have the right public key ?

== NITS ==

Sometimes it is "Raw Public Keys", or "RPK" or "RawPublicKey"... Is it on
purpose to use 3 different writings for possibly the same concept?