Re: [addr-select-dt] next step

Arifumi Matsumoto <arifumi@nttv6.net> Thu, 16 September 2010 09:26 UTC

From: Arifumi Matsumoto <arifumi@nttv6.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:28:17 +0900
To: Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net>
Cc: addr-select-dt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [addr-select-dt] next step

Brian,

On 2010/09/15, at 3:48, Brian Haberman wrote:

> Arifumi & DT,
>
> On 9/9/10 6:30 AM, Arifumi Matsumoto wrote:
>> DT members,
>>
>> the Beijing meeting is approaching now. We have to think about
>> the next step for us.
>>
>> As we have reached consensus within this design team, I think
>> the next step should be going out to 6man wg. If so, it may be
>> better to declare the conclusion of this design team.
>>
>> What do you think about this ?
>> Do you have in mind any other item to be discussed here in this
>> design team ?
>
> I believe we have reached a point of completion for the design team with
> the publication of the address selection considerations draft.  What Bob
> & I would like to see now is a draft proposing the actual changes to RFC
> 3484.  This should be driven by the issues raised in
> draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise.  It would be encouraging to see such a
> draft published soon so that it can be discussed on the mailing list and
> possibly revised prior to the Beijing meeting.

as you know, the current some parts of draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise are actual changes, and also other parts are possible choices for updates.

One choice has to be picked for each undetermined issue before publication of an RFC that revise RFC 3484.

I hope this document of draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise should be re-written to propose the actual changes, in the course of discussion at 6man.

Or, do you prefer a brand new proposal draft that contains the actual changes to RFC 3484 ?

Regards,