Re: [admin-discuss] Bangkok and Prague rebooked as IETF meeting venues

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Wed, 20 January 2021 00:18 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:18:18 +1300
Cc: admin-discuss@ietf.org
To: Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [admin-discuss] Bangkok and Prague rebooked as IETF meeting venues

Hi Abdussalam

Apologies for the delay in replying, I’ve been on summer vacation.

> On 24/12/2020, at 7:48 PM, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jay,
>
> I did not follow the discussions/decisions on this matter,
> however, the rebooking is not in the same year/sequence, so that can mean the rebooking sequence is not important for attenders.
> I think the method of rebooking in future can be developed to consider all concerns.

Yes, you are correct that we do not consider the order of the bookings to be important.  Even if it had been then it could not have been achieved as a decision was made some time before I started to switch the annual order from Europe -> North America -> Asia to Asia -> North America -> Europe to improve availability of Asian venues.

Our approach is to try and rebook for the first available slot, where 'available' means firstly that we have not already booked or are not in the final stages of negotiations, and where the venue is still available.

kind regards
Jay