[Agentx] Fw: 82nd IETF - Working Group/BOF Scheduling

"Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com> Mon, 22 August 2011 18:44 UTC

From: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
To: LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>, Disman <disman@ietf.org>, agentx@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:51:52 -0700
Subject: [Agentx] Fw: 82nd IETF - Working Group/BOF Scheduling

Hi -

Forwarded for your information.

Randy

----- Original Message -----

scheduling-related activities are as follows:

> NOTE: cutoff dates are subject to change.
>
> - 2011-08-15 (Monday): Working Group and BOF scheduling begins. To request a Working Group session, use the IETF Meeting Session
Request Tool.
> - 2011-09-26 (Monday): Cutoff date for requests to schedule Working Group meetings at 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC). To request a Working
Group session, use the IETF Meeting Session Request Tool.
> - 2011- 10-03 (Monday): Cutoff date for BOF proposal requests to Area Directors at 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC). To request a BOF, please
see instructions on Requesting a BOF.
> - 2011-10-06 (Thursday): Cutoff date for Area Directors to approve BOFs at 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC).
> - 2011-10-13 (Thursday): Preliminary agenda published for comment.
> - 2011-10-17 (Monday): Cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working Group and BOF meetings 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC).
> - 2011-10-21 (Friday): Final agenda to be published.
> - 2011-11-02 (Wednesday): Draft Working Group agendas due by 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC), upload using IETF Meeting Materials Management
Tool.
> - 2011-11-07 (Monday): Revised Working Group agendas due by 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC), upload using IETF Meeting Materials Management
Tool.

> Submitting Requests for Working Group and BOF Sessions
>
> Please submit requests to schedule your Working Group sessions using the "IETF Meeting Session Request Tool," a Web-based tool for
submitting all of the information that the Secretariat requires to schedule your sessions.

> The URL for the tool is:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_session_requester.cgi
>
> Instructions for using the tool are available at:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/instructions/session_request_tool_instruction.html
>
> Please send requests to schedule your BOF sessions to agenda@ietf.org.  Please include the acronym of your BOF in the subject line
of the message, and include all of the information specified in item (4) of "Requesting Meeting Sessions at IETF Meetings" in the
body.  (This document is included below.)

> Submitting Session Agendas
>
> For the convenience of meeting attendees, we ask that you submit the agendas for your Working Group sessions as early as possible.
Draft Working Group agendas are due Wednesday, November 2, 2011 by 17:00 PT.  Revised Working Group agendas are due no later than
Monday, November 7, 2011 at 17:00 PT.  The proposed agenda for a BOF session should be submitted along with your request for a
session.  Please be sure to copy your Area Director on that message.

> Please submit the agendas for your Working Group sessions using the "IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool," a Web-based tool for
making your meeting agenda, minutes, and presentation slides available to the community before, during, and after an IETF meeting.
If you are a BOF chair, then you may use the tool to submit a revised agenda as well as other materials for your BOF once the BOF
has been approved.

> The URL for the tool is:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_proceedings.cgi
>
> Additional information about this tool is available at:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/instructions/meeting_materials_tool.html
>
> Agendas submitted via the tool will be available to the public on the "IETF Meeting Materials" Web page as soon as they are
submitted.

> The URL for the "IETF 82 Meeting Materials" Web page is:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/materials.html
>
> If you are a Working Group chair, then you already have accounts on the "IETF Meeting Session Request Tool" and the "IETF Meeting
Materials Management Tool."  The same User ID and password will work for both tools.  If you are a BOF chair who is not also a
Working Group chair, then you will be given an account on the "IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool" when your BOF has been
approved.  If you require assistance in using either tool, or wish to report a bug, then please send a message to:
> ietf-action@ietf.org.
> For your convenience, comprehensive information on requesting meeting sessions at IETF 82 is presented below:
>
> 1. Requests to schedule Working Group sessions should be submitted using the "IETF Meeting Session Request Tool," a Web-based tool
for submitting all of the information required by the Secretariat to schedule your sessions.  The URL for the tool is:

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_session_requester.cgi
>
> Instructions for using the tool are available at:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/instructions/session_request_tool_instruction.html
>
> If you require an account on this tool, or assistance in using it, then please send a message to ietf-action@ietf.org.  If you are
unable to use the tool, then you may send your request via e-mail to agenda@ietf.org, with a copy to the appropriate Area
Director(s).

> Requests to schedule BOF sessions must be sent to agenda@ietf.org with a copy to the appropriate Area Director(s).
>
> When submitting a Working Group or BOF session request by e-mail, please include the Working Group or BOF acronym in the Subject
line.

> 2. BOFs will NOT be scheduled unless the Area Director(s) approved request is accompanied by a BOF'S FULL NAME AND ACRONYM, AREA,
CHAIR(S) NAME(S) (given together with e-mail address(es)), AN AGENDA AND FULL DESCRIPTION, and the information requested in (4)
below. (Please read the BOF Procedure at: http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1bof-procedures.txt before requesting a session for a BOF.)

> 3. A Working Group may request either one or two sessions.  If your Working Group requires more than two sessions, then your
request must be approved by an Area Director.  Additional sessions will be assigned, based on availability, after Monday, October
17, 2011 at 17:00 PT, the cut-off date for requests to reschedule a session.

Guidelines and Procedures" (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2418.txt).