[alto] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 17 July 2019 22:52 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc@ietf.org, Jan Seedorf <jan.seedorf@hft-stuttgart.de>, alto-chairs@ietf.org, jan.seedorf@hft-stuttgart.de, alto@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:52:19 -0700
Subject: [alto] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the updates; they have captured enough of the discussion we had
to clarify that most of my points of concern are either non-concerns or have
adequate workarounds.

I'm still not entirely sure that DNSSEC in the reverse zone is available everywhere
in a robust fashion, but it seems that there is enough availability that the mechanisms
specified here can still be used in a useful manner.

However, I do think that we need to clarify in Section 5.2.2 that this mechanism is
compatible with the BCP 20 sub-allocation scheme only insamuch as you can add
NAPTR records in the relevant locations -- the current procedures described in the
text will not catch everything just on their own, IIUC.

Also, one nit in Section 2: s/is usually always be set/is usually set/