Re: [alto] Eric Rescorla's Discuss on draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-04: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

"Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Fri, 18 January 2019 10:12 UTC

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:12:32 +0100
Cc: alto-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc@ietf.org, alto@ietf.org
To: Sebastian Kiesel <ietf-alto@skiesel.de>
Subject: Re: [alto] Eric Rescorla's Discuss on draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-04: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi Sebastian,

so to summarize I think what’s needed is some discussion about what can happen if DNSSEC is not used and maybe even a requirement that certain data MUST be integrity protected.

I think that could also address Benjamin’s discuss. Can you maybe propose some new/additional text for the security consideration section and see if we can first address Ekr discuss and then start a conversation with Benjamin?

Thanks!
Mirja