[altoext] Bandwidth constraint representation in New Version Notification for draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02.txt

Greg Bernstein <gregb@grotto-networking.com> Tue, 17 July 2012 16:01 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:02:05 -0700
From: Greg Bernstein <gregb@grotto-networking.com>
To: altoext@ietf.org
Subject: [altoext] Bandwidth constraint representation in New Version Notification for draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02.txt

Hi folks, in particular in section 6.3 of the updated document
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-02)
we have added two representation of bandwidth constraints that may be
useful for extending ALTO.

In section 6.3.1 we give an abstract path vector approach that includes
mutual "abstract" bottlenecks.  This is useful for technologies where
paths choice may be limited and/or path choices are not derivable from a
graph.

In section 6.3.2 we discuss graph representations and give examples
where such representations can be significantly reduced. See the example
of multiple spanning tree which produces many graphs that we then can
easily reduce.

It appears that when we merged this new work into our existing draft the
new references didn't transfer over.  See below for missing references.

Best Regards

Greg B.

Missing references:

  [BGP4] S. Hares, Y. Rekhter, and T. Li, RFC4271, "A Border Gateway
    Protocol 4 (BGP-4)," Jan-2006.

    [MT-OSPF] L. Nguyen, P. Psenak, S. Mirtorabi, P. Pillay-Esnault, and
    A. Roy, RFC4915, "Multi-Topology (MT) Routing in OSPF."

    [802.1D] "IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks-
    Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges," IEEE Std 802.1D-2004, 2004.

    [802.1Q] "IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks-
    Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges and Virtual Bridged Local Area
    Networks," IEEE Std 802.1Q-2011 (Revision of IEEE Std 802.1Q-2005),
    pp. 1 -1365, 2011.

    [OpenFlow] N. McKeown, T. Anderson, H. Balakrishnan, G. Parulkar, L.
    Peterson, J. Rexford, S. Shenker, and J. Turner, "OpenFlow: enabling
    innovation in campus networks," SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev., vol.
    38, no. 2, pp. 69-74, Mar. 2008.

    [NetOpt]  D. P. Bertsekas and D. P. Bertsekas, Network Optimization:
    Continuous and Discrete Models. Athena Scientific, 1998.

    [RWA]  Asuman E. Ozdaglar and Dimitri P. Bertsekas, "Routing and
    wavelength assignment in optical networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on
    Networking, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 259 -272, 2003.