Re: [Anima] Call for adoption: draft-dang-anima-network-service-auto-deployment

"zhouyujing (A)" <zhouyujing3@huawei.com> Tue, 16 November 2021 12:39 UTC

From: "zhouyujing (A)" <zhouyujing3@huawei.com>
To: "mohamed.boucadair@orange.com" <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>, Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>, "anima@ietf.org" <anima@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 12:38:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.108.166.240]
Subject: Re: [Anima] Call for adoption: draft-dang-anima-network-service-auto-deployment

Hi, Med

Thanks for your opinions, we think these will help us a lot. Here are some comments that I briefly explain. And I will prepare another email with more in-depth explanation. We may discuss those later then.

[BMI1]:As for resource requirements, we think that we should use "queue and priority" replace "latency, and jitter". Like you say it is not resource requirement. But in here we want to express that the draft can negotiate and distribute many kinds of resource.
[BMI4]: I agree with you that the service head-ends may not be in the network. It is an end-to-end case and we discuss this in the ANIMA meeting, IETF 112. I will expand this in the next version and I think we can talk more detail about this question.
[BMI19]: We think that the negotiation step is the interaction of two nodes, so the a ResourceManager ASA choose one node. But why the first one is needed for discussion, choosing the first node is just our suggestion.
[BMI20]: Yes, it is the same meaning.
[BMI21]: We think different types of resource can be requested together. The ResourceManager GRASP Objective support this.

As you say there are something the draft defined not clearly and need to be expanded. We hope we can have a deep discussion about this points. We are glad that you can help us expand them together.

We will improve some writing and highlight display problems in the next version, and thank you again for your careful reading.

Best regards
Yujing