Re: [Anima] Processing: draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra

Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca> Mon, 27 January 2020 22:39 UTC

From: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
To: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
cc: draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra.all@ietf.org, anima@ietf.org, anima-chairs@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 17:39:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [Anima] Processing: draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> wrote:
    > I'm now the responsible AD for draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra.
    > As mentioned in
    > https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/anima/SnHOxgWNC3u2jOecGWLQSWKVTjo

I didn't realize that some reply from non-chair would be useful, so I didn't.

    > I'm trying to figure out what the state on this document it, and what
    > is outstanding for it to be published.

Hi, thank you for taking this on.

    > Can someone summarize for me where this currently stands?
    > There are literally hundreds of mails on this, and it was a long time
    > since I last read / balloted on this - I'm trying to restore state
    > without having to go back to the beginning...

    > A: it **looks** to me like the -34 version addresses Benjamin's
    > "examples should be correct" concern in "Section C.1.4.  Pledge key
    > pair", but I'm not quite sure (his email and this version both
    > happened on 2020-01-03, but I'm not sure on the ordering).
    > Can someone confirm this and then I'll follow up with him?

Ben has an outstanding DISCUSS that would like the examples updated.
I'm in the process of doing this.  I felt that it could wait until AUTH48,
when we'd be sure to have all IANA allocations, but we have since early
allocations for everything, so it can be done now.

I had hoped to finish the code changes by last Friday, but it will be another
couple of days before I can fix the code with the right OIDs and validate the
examples work.  Ideally, I would interop the updates against the other
implementations that Thomas Werner has.

    > B: Alissa confirmed that her concerns have been addressed, and cleared
    > her DISCUSS.

Yes.

    > As this isn't / wasn't my WG, please SHOUT LOUDLY to make sure I don't
    > miss replies / updates.

Roman had a DISCUSS.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-