Re: [Anima] Erik Kline's Discuss on draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-28: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Thu, 01 October 2020 11:07 UTC

Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 13:06:51 +0200
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <evyncke@cisco.com>
Cc: Erik Kline <ek.ietf@gmail.com>, "anima-chairs@ietf.org" <anima-chairs@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "anima@ietf.org" <anima@ietf.org>, Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [Anima] Erik Kline's Discuss on draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-28: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 02:14:25PM +0000, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
> About ULA, why not simply keeping:
>
> "    ULA: (Global ID prefix)  A "Unique Local Address" (ULA) is an IPv6
>        address in the block fc00::/7, defined in [RFC4193]."
>
> And nothing else of the existing paragraph. IMHO, there is no need to justify the choice

Eric: If we can not agree on a simple sentence comparing what we have in IPv6
with what we had in IPv4, we should stop writing RFCs or using IPv6.

Eliot: Thanks for the "analog" suggestion, but i think "analog" is semantically
close to "counterpoint", aka: suggesting a closer functional equivalence with
 rfc1918 than there actual is, so IMHO it would not resolve Eriks concern.

Cheers
    Toerless