Subject: [Anima] Re: WGLC for draft-ietf-anima-rfc8366bis-14, ends October 7th / 3 review questions
From: Esko Dijk <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, anima <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2025 16:06:16 +0100
List-Id: Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach <anima.ietf.org>

> I didn't see any inconsistent capitalization among the Terminology, but I
> could have missed some.
> If you see specific things, let's fix them now, but the RPC will deal with
> the rest.

Coming back to this question; I did see specific things that are 
probably easy to find/see and also fix now.
The RPC can fix things for sure, but changes they make aren't 
necessarily visible to the WG or the wider community; and then only one 
document author typically gets to make the call.
While I think we prefer to have the WG decide on this and make the 
AD/IESG/IETF reviewers life easier.

So that there should be no doubt if a "Voucher Request" is the same 
thing as a "voucher-request" or not  :)

My proposal for terms is:
1) have pledge, registrar, voucher, voucher request, voucher artifact, 
certificate authority,  all in lowercase to prevent lots of uppercase in 
ordinary text.  Change "voucher-request" to "voucher request" except 
where language-wise impossible.
   Currently Pledge is capitalized while other terms are mostly not. I 
don't see a reason to have Pledge be an exception.
   (Uppercased all of these terms can be done also if we really prefer 
that...)
2) use uppercase (also for these terms) in section titles and similar 
headings (as is common)
3) use uppercase (also for these terms) in the Terminology section (so 
that readers know it's referring to another Term from the same list 
which they can look up).
4) use single quotes ('example', 'signerInfo', ... ) for referring to 
literal field names

I can add these things to the editorial PR if that's ok?

Esko

On 11-11-2025 02:42, Michael Richardson wrote:
> I went through some of the terms, and I fixed a few things that some
> reviewers have complained about, DNS Registrar != BRSKI Registrar.
> I didn't see any inconsistent capitalization among the Terminology, but I
> could have missed some.
> If you see specific things, let's fix them now, but the RPC will deal with
> the rest.

-- 
*IoTconsultancy.nl* | Email/Teams: [email-masked] | +31 6 
2385 8339