[Anima] Result of WGLC on WG Last Call on draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Tue, 18 July 2017 12:31 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 14:31:06 +0200
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: anima@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management@ietf.org
Subject: [Anima] Result of WGLC on WG Last Call on draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management

We received no negative response to the WGLC on draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management.
We had good reviews through the WG document stage, and IMHO good final changes through
the shepherd review process, where also contentuous elements where removed. This
resulted in the current draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management-04.

Mohamed informed us about possible IPR and he gratiously got IPR disclosure for
it which i reviewed and found to be not prohibiting us to proceed with the document,
but if you have not seen this in before, please also check this:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3027/

Note that this disclosure would also apply for non-standard implementation of this work
(which IMHO is good), and note that draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management is intended
to be informational (not standards track), primarily because it is according to our charter
meant as a concept validation of the core ANIMA charter items of the ANI (ACP, BRSKI, GRASP)
but not a complete interoperable protocol specification. In other word i think actual IPR
related concerns would rather come into any followup work that would try to refine the work
towards such a standards track specification.

With this all said, i think that the document has passed WGLC and should advance.
I will finalize the shepherd document and send the document on.

Best regards,

Toerless (with great administrative help by Sheng who as a co-author
stayed totally neutral on the content side ;-)